Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What?!?! None Of You Thought To Warn Me?

Sometimes I just have to sit back and look in awe at my own stupidity.

Not only do I let myself think "I wish Sawyer wanted to stay with me instead of going to the babysitters!" I actually sit my ass down and WRITE IT DOWN FOR THE WHOLE FRICKIN WORLD TO SEE.

I mean, COME ON. Have I never heard the phrase 'be careful what you wish for???'

I was just BEGGING for that to come back and bite me in the ass. Really.

So NOW instead of him being psyched to have a fun day with friends and me feeling a sense contentment I have to push him off me, look him in those little blue eyes, while he's screaming and BEGGING me to stay and walk out the door.

Yeah that's way better IDIOT!

Then you know what that child does to me? Looks me right back in the eye when I pick him up and tells me that he doesn't want to go with me. He wants to stay.

Of course you do kid.

Because any other way would ease the guilt.

3 comments:

  1. Oh - just like mine. Can I warn you now? Peeling them off of you is the WORST... but it will get better, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are harder than the others. I really don't know what goes through kids heads when they want to go with one person, not the other. Then two days later, the opposite. It's a enigma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter alternates between wanting to stay at my in-laws house when they watch her and saying "Don't leave me" in her saddest voice. Neither way makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!