Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's My Anniversary and I'll be Snotty If I Want To

As of July 1st 2010 I have been married 4 years. I celebrated this milestone by waking up in an empty house. My husband choose that day and the one before out of all the 365 days in the year to go on a kayaking trip with his father. His logic was that, since I had to work, we wouldn't get to see each other anyway. Plus he would be home in time to take me to dinner and a movie. Sound logic, sir.

But there's one little detail you did not take into consideration.

It's our anniversary so I don't have to succumb to logic. Let the guilt trips begin.

You like apples?

My kids also choose that evening to have a sleepover at Grandma's. Which brings me back to waking up in an empty house.

I spent the entire previous evening curled up in the fetal position, baseball bat in hand, because OBVIOUSLY burglars were going to choose that night to come after my wealth of broken toys and dirty laundry (the only things I have a wealth of). When I finally realized that, that would actually be a good thing (better they pick them up then I) I was able to fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up to lots of blankets, extra pillows and room to sleep in whatever position I so desired. Which I did. Through SEVERAL snooze cycles.

Then I woke up and got ONLY myself ready, just to get in the car and drive straight to work... not 20 mins out of the way (to the sitter's)  and then to work.

So I was going to make Kevin make up for this in a big way on our next anniversary, but instead I think I'll just book him another kayaking trip.

Happy Anniversary Hunny! You look as handsome now as you did on our wedding day! You totally can't even tell you have 2 kids! <3

9 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to you. I love this post you wrote...it's so honest.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary!

    i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. :(

    Well, I hope he makes it up to you. Happy anniversary to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. didn't it feel sooo eery that empty/lonely day? kinda like when you manage to get out of the house sans kids and wonder why you feel like you're forgetting something, only to realize you're not carrying a child (or 2), a diaper bag, your wallet/purse and trying to load the kid(s), try and remember what bag you put your keys in, etc, etc. hope you had a happy anniversary, even though you had to spend SOME time with your hubs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol why didn't you actually post a picture from your wedding!! i can't believe you guys have been married 4years now & have two kids. i guess we really are grown ups now huh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. visiting from SITS. i am totally inspired to send my hubs and kids packing for my anniversary this year now!! and i'll probably even leave the doors unlocked so that the toys and laundry are easier to access. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. This made me laugh! You are so right. I can't tell he has 2 kids : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! :) I just might have to do the same come September!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how many nights I have slept with one hand on a flashlight and the other on a baseball bat because I had convinced myself someone was going to break in and try to steal me impressive collection of... scarves?

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!