Friday, February 12, 2010

Skunks Got Stink, My Kids Got Cute

My kids are cute. 



Sometimes that's the only reason we're all able to come out the other side of the day in one piece.

For example... 

Today I discovered that Sawyer's first language is not, in fact, english, but whining. AND he had decided to use his influence as a big brother to teach Sean the beauty of this ancient language. Mommy needs vodka earplugs.

Then when I was taking out the garbage and desperately trying to resist the urge to take them out with it, Sawyer waltzes over to me and says, "Hi SuperMommy".

Right then and there I decided to keep him, because I know, I KNOW he said it because he appreciates all the little things I do for him everyday and felt that I truly deserved the title. It was absolutely NOT because one of his favourite cartoon characters had become a caped crime fighter, seemingly by just adding super to the front of his name.  

There may be hope for my kids yet, I mean, they DO have a SuperMommy!


12 comments:

  1. I love your blog design

    I am following you from MBC!!!

    Welcome to MBC!!!

    Follow my blog as well at www.safehomehappymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vodka (earplugs) and the name of your blog. I'd rather do anything than housework. Visiting from MBC. Visit me at http://stillelizabeth.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that is awesome! Nolan told me today that I was a mean mommy because I wouldn't let him have a cookie. But then, he said I was doing a "great job" while exercising so I decided to keep him too =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! At first I was like, whoa, is she talking about my kids?? They are pretty dang cute, glad you decided to keep them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, way too cute. Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only smart, but cute too! Definitely keepers!

    Just dropped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say these are a couple of real cutie patooties! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

    Will We Ever Have School Again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man. That little booger knows what he's doing.

    Yeah, they're pretty adorable. I suppose it's best to hold on to them for another day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom of four boys...also write to maintain sanity. Readers of our local paper get a blow-by-blow of what it's like on a weekly basis.

    One of my main survival techniques? Starbucks WC mochas. Seriously.

    Following from MBC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to pop some out! I seriously do sometime wonder what it's like to have kids. I mean seriously I love all the little kids in my 1st and 4th grade classes...can't imagine how I'd feel if they were really mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog us awesome! Thanks so much for stopping by on my SITS day. And what an awesome day it was! I don't do many giveaways, but I am doing a great one right now. Please stop by!
    http://franticmommy.blogspot.com/. I only got about a 12 hour notice for my SITS day. I don't think that typical, but it makes me DARN glad I check my email that morning at 5 a.m. Otherwise I would have missed a great opportunity. I'd say it took me about 2 years to get my turn for my SITS day. TOTALLY worth the waiT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhhh the whiny kids....when will it stop! Your right! Super Mommy it is:) Def....cutie patooties!

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!