Friday, February 5, 2010

Pretty Sure They're Conspiring Against Me

So I just finished lowering the mattress in Sean's crib. I know what you're thinking, I should of done this months ago because one night I'll stroll in to his room and finding him standing up in his crib moments away from proving the size of his 'kahunas' by throwing himself over the edge of the crib rail and yeah I'd get there in time to save him but the damage will have already have been done and I'll be so paranoid that I'll tuck him into bed with us and that will suck cause he's a bed hog!

Dude, you totally think in some SERIOUS run on sentences.

Anyways it's funny that you would think that because that is EXACTLY how my night went. Weird.

At first it was all sweet snuggles like when he was a little baby, but it quickly turned into me teetering on the very edge of the bed by one butt cheek. So you know, that was a good night sleep.

So then around 6:30 the little bugger wakes up and I frantically do whatever it takes to get him back to sleep, because at 7 Kevin gets up for work and then I can sneak onto his side of the bed.

Enter Sawyer. Literally.

He claims he had a nightmare. Fine.

Kevin graciously gets out of bed early so that we'll all fit. Fine.

I get all snuggled up under the covers FINALLY. Way more then fine.

Sawyer says 'Aww Sean sleeping' and POKES him awake?? Not fine, kid! NOT FINE.

Long story short, if you're looking for me, I'll be the one with the bags under her eyes desperately trying to force my kids to nap. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. So, we already got rid of the crib, because my one year old will not sleep in it. My 4 year old has a loft bed, and the one year old sleeps on the bottom. He actually sleeps great in it, but when he wakes up he comes right into our room. Both kids decided to come into our room last night. I don't know how co-sleeping parents do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh man, totally not fine kid!
    We have yet (knock on wood) experienced all the kids crawling in bed with us...thank God for that too because I am a bed hog and I'll totally fight them for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hopefully this doesn't happen too often, because we're either going to need a bigger bed or less kids... and we don't have much room for more bed. Just kidding... probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a mean mom, sleep on the floor kid. Okay the floor is kind of soft, plus I have a pile of blankets there. haha. Hope everyone stays in there own beds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds a little rough.

    My mom used to HATE when I crawled in bed with her because I kicked. A lot. In utero and out...utero.

    I hope you get a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just loved this post... coming from SITS. Random, but are you going to Bloggy Boot Camp in Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember having a few issues with the crib as the kids got older. We ended up converting both to "big girl beds" early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GC- I love that you just said out utero

    Kat - No I actually just joined SITS a week ago so I still have a lot of settling to do!
    P.S. I loooove you website! Especially the 'she said/he said' section! I wonder if I could peer pressure my hubby into a couple segments over here :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are managing to get some napping in. I'm a big fan of the cat nap myself. And I don't have any toddlers - only a stubborn teen - so I'm not sure what my excuse is for the bags under my eyes :D Thx for stoppin' by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is actually a cute post. I have a 5-year-old cousin who comes in to visit on weekends and boy does he love to sleep at 3am because he's waiting for batman. Im being serious. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mama, I hear ya! I co-sleep with my kids (my eldest 'til she was 2 and my 1 year old currently) but I LOVE, and I mean palms-down, lip-smacking LOVE when they sleep in their own beds, LOL!

    Cute post! Stoppin' by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was coming to comment on the person below me on SITS. We meet again! This is my 2nd time to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!