Monday, February 1, 2010

Over The Top

Where's my blog?

OVER THE TOP!

But don't take my word for it.... check out my shiny FIRST EVER award!




Awarded to me by the gorgeous Ms Vic over at A Little Bit of This. After you read this you are going to want to swing by her place and leave her some love, let me tell you why. Ms V writes straight from the heart. If she's happy, sad, angry or frustrated that's what you're going to get out of her blog.. she's the real deal kids. And besides all that she's someone you're going to want on your side. Not only does she take a little time everyday to leave some love for her blog peeps, she knows how to handle an anonymous commentor. Just saying.

Now it my understanding that this award comes with some responsiblities. It wants to know what makes me happy... specifically my top 10 happy makers. No problem.

They are, in no particular order;

MY KIDS - Here's the part where I go all sappy mommy on your ass'. Everyday I thank the powers that be that Kevin and I changed our minds about having kids. Sawyer and Sean are, without a doubt, the greatest things I've ever had a part in. The are the smartest, funniest, handsomest, charmingest kids to ever grace this universe with their presence. Don't worry, your kids are like a close second. ;)

MY HUSBAND - Bet you didn't see that coming. I try to be that strong, independent, has it all together Mom that can run her house like clockwork while making cookies in her high heels or whatever, but somehow I always seem to be in need of rescuing. Like the time I got the gas cap stuck in our car and needed him to come all the way out to the gas station so I could fill our tank. He came rolling around the corner before I even had a chance to hang up the phone, popped the cap out, kissed me goodbye and jumped back in his truck. As if it was perfectly normal and not at all inconvenient to have to come all the way to a gas station to apply a little elbow grease to a gas cap. Plus he looks like this...


Hubba Hubba

3) So we've covered my kids and my husband so what's the obvious third? CHIPS. I could eat chips ALL DAY LONG if they wouldn't clog my arteries and make me 400lbs. Why must the best things in life be so bad for you.

4) Of course my wonderful FRIENDS. Not to get all serious on you here, but one thing I've noticed about being a mom is that it can really make you lose yourself. My friends remind that while being Mommy is a huge part of my life there's a little bit more to me! Plus they're like, totally hot!

5) ICarly - Don't judge me. That shit's hilarious!

6) MY FAMILY - Kevin and I are very lucky to be very close (not necessarily geographically close) to both our families. Sawyer and Sean mean the world to their grandparents, aunts and uncles and I know that they're going to be better men for it.

7) DAYDREAMING - I spend so much of my time up in the clouds sometimes it takes me a minute to remember that I'm NOT actually a millionaire, living in a huge mansion with a butler, cook and housekeeper (yet) and so, yes I do have to do the laundry. Ugh... sometimes reality blows.

8) THE BABY FROM THE E-TRADE COMMERCIALS - That kids like what? One? One and half? Sawyer's well over 2 and a half and hasn't made a cent off the stock market! What am I doing wrong?!?! WHAT?

9)PHOTOGRAPHY - I really, really wish I had figured this out at 18 but whatevs. Inventory control is totally sucking the life out of me just as fulfilling.

10) MY BLOG - Seemed kinda mandatory to add this to a list on said blog. Plus it's kick ass.

Man, for a minute there I didn't think I was going to make it out the other side of that list. But here we are. So the second responsibility is to pass this bad boy on to some other "Over the Top Bloggers"

No problem!

Randelle - She's hanging out at 'A Simple Kinda Life'. As of right now she's mostly blogging about her '101 in 1001' list, but maybe if you all head over there and leave a little love she'll start up the 'Make-Up Monday' segment she's been threatening to start. The girl can do MAGIC with a makeup brush.

Angie - The title of her blog says it all. Mom to QT's and they so are. She's got the million dollar family, a 2 and a half year old little boy and a 3 month old little angel girl. And just because raising a toddler and newborn aren't enough of a challenge, she's a WAHM and she's blogging about 2 BIG challenges ('101 in 1001' and the 365 project) and just to really rub it in... she always looks glamorous doing it. Try not to hate on her! hehe

Kandice - I've lead you over to her Photography Blog before. If you weren't hanging around then; first of all, I'm glad you've seen the light and you're here now. Second of all go check it out! She, and the adorable babies she photographs will rock your socks off. But she has a personal side too! So go check out Wait! It's All About The Numbers and follow her journey from fab mommy to smaller fab mommy. And while you're over there click on the little Top Mommy Button at the bottom of her page and sky rocket her to number one.

Last but not least... Delena - So far her blog has been about her love/hate realationship with sleep pregnancy, but literally any minute now it's going to be about her love/hate relationship with sleep transition into motherhood. So head over to Who Really Knows What's Next and be there right from the first breath.

So that's it kids. If anyone else wants it go ahead and swipe it. I totally meant to give you one anyway!

P.S. Yeah I know I didn't post yesterday, so starting today....

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your super sparkly award!

    I love that you fessed up to iCarly. Sometimes I watch Wizards of Waverly Place... you know, for the superb acting.

    P.S. That's a good looking man you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the fab award! :) You're blog is really starting to rock and as long as you keep posting with your witty sense of humor it'll be no time at all before you're number 1 with the momblog world!

    Thanks for the shout out as well. I appreciate it!

    KShiell
    www.kshiell.wordpress.com
    www.gethealthymomma.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award, you are hilarious! I love your list, especially the chips...I could eat those things all day long too. Damn salt, why must it be so good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. loves it!!
    i totally look forward to your blog, especially since recently you've been posting "every day" ;)
    an award well deserved my friend...
    oh yeah, and thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award - it definitely seems like you deserve it! Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet comments! I'm on sugar overload!
    Congrats on the award, your blog's all that and a bag of chips ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats on the award! You totally deserve one! And your little boys are totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you on the featured blogger on SITS. Just wanted to say hi to all the Canadian Bloggers!
    It's nice to join together! I've added you to my reader!
    Hope you'll visit me too!

    http://mymontessorihomeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award. How fun!

    visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  10. How CUTE - everything, your kids, the blog!!

    Congratulations on the award!

    Here from SITS also. :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!