Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's About Time You Got Here

For weeks I've been going back and forth on whether or not to make the switch from Wordpress to Blogger. A quick consult from google informed that this switch is absolutely THE WORST thing a human being can do. It's illogical and ignorant and here I am. In the end my vanity conquered my sense of logic and I made the switch.

So here we are. All my posts made the cut but due to some translating issues comments did not. Regardless, I'm happy to be settling in over here at Blogger.

I have to say though, the moving process meant lots of trip back to Wordpress and I couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt every time I snuck back in there to pick up a link. Wordpress gave me 2 and a half of the greatest months of my life and I'll forever be grateful, but we're not the same people/blog hosting programs we were.

I can't change that.

All I can do is move on with my life and hope WP does the same.

So I'm saying goodbye to Wordpress, but hopefully not to the people that took a few mins out of their day to hang out with me there.

Come on in and join my in the dark side that is.... BLOGGER.

3 comments:

  1. what a sad(ish) day...but, if it means more posts then it'll be well worth the transition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about it to! :( I know it would be a really bad move on my part for business and such but just think blogger (free) has a bit more flexibility. But I might just look into paying for hosting...I'm still thinking

    ReplyDelete
  3. My choice was based solely on my blog being aesthetically pleasing :P. So based on that, Im not sure if you know much about programing HTML, but if not it would be at least $400 to have a wordpress.org template designed and about half that to have some do a blogger theme up for you (if that's something you're interested in) Plus like you said you won't have to pay for hosting. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to afford a personalized theme.

    Then again, I'm still feeling pretty guilty about abandoning my WP blog and I may be trying to make myself feel better by pressuring other people into packing up their things and coming with me.

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!