Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oops! I Did It Again

Jeez if I'm not careful this blog is just going to be is a series of disappointing '101 in 1001' updates.

You deserve more.

But I'm here on more pressing matters. The little calendar on the bottom of my screen claims it's the 19th?

For real?

Only 6 days until Christmas and I still have a mile long list of things to do to make sure my children remember this time of the year as the best frickin time of their lives. Yes, I realize their 2 years old and 7 months old, and won't remember this time of the year next month let alone in 30 years when they're doing this all with their families, but I really don't see how that's any of your business.

Somehow this happens to me every year. I started shopping in July! Literally in July. But between being over excited and giving people their presents early and my tendency to overdue things just a tad, a Christmas eve payday will see me fighting the crowds at the mall.

I am particularly excited for this trip because I had nothing better to do that day. You know except for wrapping all my presents (which includes a tradition brought to me by my in-laws of wrapping all the stocking stuffers), driving 2 hours to my uncle's house for Christmas eve dinner and of course driving 2 hours home to open christmas eve presents and get our milk and cookies ready so Santa doesn't jip us.

So I'm going to have to make a plea to all of you. Please, please be the responsible, considerate parents I dream of someday being and get all your Christmas shopping done by the 23rd.

I really don't want to end up on Santa's naughty list, but I'll do what I have to, to survive Christmas eve at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!