Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Sincerest Apologies

I can't believe how insensitive I've been.

Here I go announcing my plans to venture into a mall on CHRISTMAS EVE, and I didn't come back to report that I managed to get out alive?

I can only imagine that you were so consumed with fear over my well being that you couldn't enjoy the holidays!

Well let me put your mind at ease so you can enjoy ringing in the New Year. I survived.

I also survived my first ever Boxing Day shopping excursion.

Boy was I excited to learn that the Christmas get together my Grandpa hosts every year on Boxing Day had been moved to New Years Day. The opening in my schedule meant I would be free to take advantage of the mind blowing deals I'd heard so much about all these years.

I'd been looking forward to this day for 24 years, so 2 near accidents and a half an hour search for a parking spot didn't bother me. On the contrary, it fueled my excitement. If people were willing to face manslaughter charges to get a parking spot 15 miles from the mall, the deals must be incredible!

I was on cloud 9 as a strolled through the front door of that mall. I couldn't wait to get at those deals. In my head I could already see myself going home with my purchases. Hanaging up my new wardrobe while my husband hung up his new big screen t.v. No biggie.

Let me tell you a thing or two about Boxing Day shopping.

IT'S - A - SCAM.

All the same signs were up from our Christmas Eve shopping adventure, except instead of saying 'Holiday Special' they now read 'Boxing Day Special'.

I walked out of the mall purchase-less and feeling dirty and used.

I can't wait to do it all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!