Wednesday, December 2, 2009

101 Things In 1001 Days











I was going to make this a ‘210 Things to do in 2010′ list, but in looking for inspiration I stumbled upon a ‘101 things to do in 1001 days’ challenge. This seemed a lot more realistic so I’m going to give it a try!
Start Date: December 3rd, 2009
End Date: August 30th, 2012
Incomplete
Complete
1)Write 450 posts for this blog (40/450)
2)Knit my family stockings. Turns out this is much easier said then done, or so says the knitting needles I bought 2 months that have remained untouched except to be used as WMD’s by my son. (0/4)
3)Run a marathon. This one was inspired by the contestants on ‘The Biggest Loser’ and my dreams to have Bob get all sweaty running the final mile with me. I’m pretty sure this is exactly how my marathon run will play out.
4)Take a trip out of the country. With one already booked for January 8th I feel fairly confident that I’ll be able to do this one. (Good times)
5)Rachel Ray Week. For months I’ve been talking about doing a full week of recipes from my Rachel Ray cookbook and for whatever reason it keeps not happening. We’ll see who comes out a winner that week, Rachel or the hot sauce. (0/7)
6)Get Sean sleeping through the night.
7)Potty train Sawyer.
8 )Have 75 views of this blog in one day. Rest assured wordpress does not count my trips to this blog as views, so August 29th, 2012 I may be begging for your help on this one. (No Begging Required)
9)Write a novel. Why not?
10)Watch all 6 seasons of ‘Sex and the City’ (0/6)
11)Have my Christmas shopping done by December 1st
12)Make a trip to Ottawa to visit my best! Miss you Erin!
13)Sell something on Kijiji. I just feel like this is something I need to do.
14)Potty train Sean.
15)Get a new camera. Which I will keep away from my children. I’ve learned my lesson.
16)Get a copy of photoshop.
17)Take a digital camera course.
18)Take a photoshop course.
19)Enroll Sawyer in a sport.
20)Enroll Sean in a sport.
21)Have both kids enrolled in swim lessons.
22)Visit Calgary for the stampede
23)Add 20 new facebook friends. (4/20)
24)Teach Sean to walk.
25)Read at least 25 of the books on this list (1/25)
26)Get drunk. Having been either preggo or with a child under 1 for 3 years now, I feel I deserve it :P (Thoroughly Enjoyed)
27)Get a custom layout for this blog. In other words ‘Pimp My Blog’
28)Donate to the Cancer Society.
29)Donate to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
30)Get another tattoo
31)Send a care package to a friend. Hoping it’s you? I’m not opposed to bribes ;)
32)Make a will. Hoping you in it? I’m not opposed to bribes ;)
33)Open RSP’s
34)Sleep outside.
35)Take my kids to the zoo and an amusement park in one weekend.
36)Take my kids to a museum. Seems like something a ‘good parent’ would do.
37)Make a dream board.
38)Inspire at least one other person to make a ‘101 in 1001′ list. (Wanna see 'em?)
39)Buy a bigger house.
40)See Wicked live
41)Not touch my computer for 24 executive hours.
42)Become debt free (except mortgage)
43)Go to a wedding. I guess this one’s out of my control. Someone get married!
44)Get a drastic haircut </strike> (Ended up with 'Mom Hair')
45)Get a spray tan
46)Take the kids to see my parents 3 times. (0/3)
47)Be the SITS feature blogger.
48)Spend a whole night playing video games with Kevin
49)Blog everyday for a month
50)Start my Christmas shopping on Boxing Day
51)Become an airmiles Gold member
52)Get to 75000 shoppers optimum points (0/75000)
53)Eat dinner in everyday for a month
54)Eat out every meal for a day
55)Get Domino neutered (Sorry Domino)
56)See a baby in it’s first 24hrs of life.
57)Eat at the Olive Garden
58)Make dinner for my in-laws
59)Learn to make goulash
60)Go on 3 weekend getaways with Kevin (0/3)
61)Have my wedding dress dry cleaned
62)Make a cake from scratch
63)Fill in 100 pages (50 front and back) of a paper journal. (0/100)
64)Finish Sawyer’s baby book
65)Start and finish Sean’s baby book
66) Finish this list in one day (It almost killed me)
67)Take the boys to the drive in
68)Plan and execute a very special 30th birthday for Kevin. I’m going to have to keep the details vague on this one.
69)Learn to make sticky buns from scratch
70)Win the lottery</strike> (About freakin time)
71)Have $5000 saved. (0/5000)
72)Finish watching ‘The West Wing’
73)Go ice skating
74)Buy an SUV
75)Have a shopping weekend in the states
76)Get a new bed set
77)Cook my family a four course meal. Hot sauce optional.
78)Invest in some quality MAC makeup (coverup, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara) with some professional advice – Randelle shopping trip? (0/5 items)
79)Do our taxes on time</strike>  (I just hope the gov't doesn't expect this to become a regular thing)
80)Subscribe to a magazine
81)Watch all of Audrey Hepburn’s movies (0/28 I did not realize there were so many)
82)Fit into size 6 jeans (Believe it or not)
83)Plant a vegetable garden
84)Send out Christmas Cards
85)Have Sawyer and Sean pick out presents for the tree of life.
86)Host a dinner party
87)Make Kat & Kevin scrapbook <3
88)Go to an NHL game
89)Get a new job
90)Buy a ticket in the expensive local lottery
91)Replace the bedroom windows
92)Stand on the glass floor at the CN Tower
93)Have a whole day without timeouts. No matter what they do
94)Visit a family member when it’s not a family function(PLAYDATE)
95)BBQ a meal by myself
96)Buy an expensive bag
97)Tip a great server 100% (BALLIN')
98)Sleep until noon.
99)Go shopping in the middle of the night
100)Secret goal :P
101)Make a new list for my next 1001 days (1/101)
I’m going to try to do a weekly update on my progress but apparently I’m going to be very busy for the next 1001 days.
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. You have an amazing list. Best of luck in completing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have also inspired me to do this! I gotta take some time and make up the list first... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list - and that you're avoiding your housework! :-) I love the Olive Garden - I used to eat there a lot when I was studying in Canada. I wish they had one in England!

    ReplyDelete

Reading comments helps me avoid the laundry. Please don't make me do laundry!